The Importance of Having Fun with Nikki Payne
For the inaugural edition of the podcast I have a very special guest. One of the biggest names in Canadian stand-up comedy, as well as someone I am happy to call my friend, Nikki Payne!
Nikki Payne was educated at Truro Community College, Humber School of Comedy and The Second City Conservatory.
Nikki’s comedy work has earned her accolades. She is the recipient of 3 Canadian Comedy Awards as best stand-up newcomer in 2003 and as best female stand-up for 2005 and 2008. She was nominated twice for Gemini Awards. She has appeared on CTV’s Comedy Inc special, in Nikki Payne’s Funtime Show, The National Film Board of Canada’s The Next Big Thing and Much Music’s Video on Trial. She was also semi-finalist on the American television show The Last Comic Standing and currently the voice of Becky on Teletoons “Bagel and Becky”
For more information visit Nikki’s Facebook page!
In this Episode Nikki Payne tells us about…
- Overcoming destructive thinking and how to stand out
- The ups and downs of stand-up comedy
- Defining success for yourself
- The importance of enjoying what you do and fun
- How to produce material when you don’t really have ideas
- How Nikki walked away from what others might have thought was success in Toronto and Los Angeles