Entrepreneurship Vs Employment with Brian Hirth
Brian Hirth is the founder and host of CareerTalkPro.com, and his own professional career journey has been anything but traditional. He’s held over 27 different jobs and counting in many industries, lived in 13 different states throughout the United States, including Alaska, and combined a professional career, military career, and all the while continued his formal education.
Professionally his career spans over 25 years of experience in engineering, electronics, and technical management for many of the top companies and government agencies across the United States, in addition to having served over 11 years in the Army National Guard as both an officer and enlisted soldier. Back in 2007, he transitioned exclusively to providing independent engineering consulting and technical subject matter expertise for numinous Fortune 500 Companies and the U.S. Pentagon.
You can find more information on Brian at http://www.careertalkpro.com/
In this episode, Brian tells us about…
- How he discovered his talent for career counseling
- How your first job is to get paid to learn
- How going back to school is not always the best solution
- Entrepreneurship versus having a job
- Dabbling in new things and learning to fail fast
- Finding your fundamental skills and moving into a new field
- The power of volunteering to get into a new field