Journey to Ring Announcing with Adam Gould
One could say Adam Gould was destined to be on a microphone. He was to study radio broadcasting upon graduating from high school, but after receiving a full scholarship to the University of Moncton for his academic and athletic achievements in both basketball and football, he took on business administration. Adam loves being able to share the excitement he knows firsthand with the crowd, making him one of the most engaging and genuine announcers you will ever hear.
Following his passion of ring announcing Adam already has over 100 shows under his belt, varying from boxing, MMA and Muay Thai. On his own, Adam has produced 500+ events, including a cross-Canada tour in 2006 with urban artist Classified and Chair of the 2012 East Coast Music Awards. Adam also announced the first two seasons for the Moncton Miracles, a professional basketball team; and not only produced the 2012 Heart Truth Fashion Gala, he was the Master of Ceremonies.
Adam currently lives in Vancouver, British Columbia with his wife, Rebecca
In this episode, Adam Gould tells us about…
- How Adam discovered his passion for being an announcer
- How he is thankful for his parents to have thought him a good work ethic
- How Adam’s business got started and deciding to end it to follow his passion
- How fast growth can be bad
- Knowing what you want and going after it
- How he connected with one of the top players in his field
- How working a “regular job” for a while doesn’t mean failure
- Having the confidence in the process and that hard work will eventually pay off